Work with MAP
There are volunteer opportunities to contribute to the work of the Maynooth University Access Programme (MAP).
MAP annually recruits MAP Ambassadors for its outreach, inreach and post-entry activities.
- Current Maynooth University students in good academic standing who are supported by MAP.
- Enthusiastic, motivated, creative, friendly, and possess leadership qualities.
- Offer information, advice and guidance to incoming students to help them settle into life at Maynooth University.
- Represent and promote MAP and Maynooth University at events on and off campus.
- Encourage students and parents at primary, second level, further education and other communities to go to university by sharing your personal experiences.
- Good written, interpersonal, and group presentation skills and work well with others in a team environment.
- Respect the privacy of participants in all activities and hold sensitive information in confidence.
MAP Ambassador Roles:
You can elect to volunteer as a MAP Ambassador for any, or all of the following activities:
- Launchpad Orientation Programme (1 SEP 2017 – 4 SEP 2017) which is expanding this year to include all new entrants to Maynooth University coming through the HEAR, DARE, Mature and QQI entry routes. You may be a 1-day Launchpad MAP Ambassador on 1 SEP 2017 or a 4-day overnight Launchpad MAP Ambassador who supervises the incoming students, which requires additional training.
- MAP My Way first semester weekly support programme (beginning 6 SEP 2017) - you may be involved in faciliting sessions on dates that you're available.
- Schools/ FETAC/ QQI MAP Ambassador outreach programme (beginning OCT 2017) - this role requires additional training and learning how to share your story.
- Shadowing Programme (Autumn/ Winter 2017) - This involves guiding potential students around sample days on campus.
- Open Days (Beginning NOV 2017) - you will welcome campus visitors and share your experiences as a Maynooth University student.
Get in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org to find out about available opportunities!