The Maynooth University Access Programme (MAP) was established in 1998 with the following aims.
- To encourage under-represented groups to consider Higher Education as a real option and provide access routes and post entry supports.
- To embed accessibility and diversity issues into the culture of the University, thereby influencing the development of inclusive policies and practices
- To widen participation so that all groups in Irish society are fully represented in the student population
- To coordinate a range of supports that promote independence and help students reach their full academic potential
- To work with the University so that students with specific access and support needs are treated equitably
The 4 Pillars of MAP are: